ELTS Life Skills is available at two levels:
- IELTS Life Skills - A1 Speaking and Listening
- IELTS Life Skills - B1 Speaking and Listening.
Face-to-face Speaking and Listening test
You will take the test with an examiner, and with one other candidate. This is because IELTS Life Skills tests how well you can communicate with other people in everyday English. The best way to test these skills is to pair candidates at a similar level of ability, so you can show how well you can speak English to communicate and engage in discussion with others.
You only need to attend one short session to complete the test. The times allowed for each level are:
- IELTS Life Skills - A1 Speaking and Listening 16–18 minutes
- IELTS Life Skills - B1 Speaking and Listening 22 minutes.
THERE ARE TWO MAIN PARTS TO IELTS LIFE SKILLS
- In the first part, you are expected to ask and answer questions on familiar topics.
- The second part is a combined listening and speaking task.
- At level A and level B, you will listen to a task played on a CD. Completing the task allows you to show your ability to listen for both the general meaning and detail.
- You will say your answers, although you can makes notes on paper while you listen to the CD.
- There will then be a discussion on a theme related to what you have listened to on the CD.
- Additionally at B1 level, there is also a task where you plan an activity with the other candidate.